This document is the culmination of many months of work of the Prevention Planning Committee, as convened by Riverside County Department of Public Health and overseen by its consultant. In accordance with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and State of California Office of AIDS guidance, the Riverside County Comprehensive HIV
Prevention Plan includes:
- Epidemiologic Profile
- Community Services Assessment
- Prioritized Target Populations
- Prevalence: Refers to living persons with HIV disease, regardless of time of infection or date of diagnosis.
- Incidence: Newly diagnosed cases of HIV or AIDS in a population during a specific time period.
- Rate: Common method used to compare the burden of a disease across populations of different sizes.
- PLWH/A: Persons living with HIV or AIDS